Summertime. Beautiful weather, sunny days, picnics, barbeques, and more. All of these fun festivities include fun summer treats like ice pops, juices, and smoothies. The summer sun is hot, and it won't hesitate to melt these treats-all over your shirt. This is why Cleaning Tip #2: Fruit Juice Stains, is relevant to these hot summer months. How exactly do you wash those difficult pink and red stains out of your favorite shirt? Let me explain:
1. Get to the stain as quickly as possible. The sooner you get to the stain, the easier it is to get it out.
2. Flush the stain with cool water. Get as much of the juice out as you can.
3. Sprinkle lemon juice on the stain and either let it sit out in the sun or scrub it.
4. Allow the garment to air dry. Do not put in the dryer- that will set in the stain.
5. If the lemon juice is not successful, use white vinegar and blot out the stain.
6. When you have gotten most of the stain out, then you can wash it.
7. After washing, allow to air dry. Do not put in the dryer.
8. If possible, allow the garment to air dry in sunlight, as the sun has the effect to draw out the color.
These tips will work on virtually any fruit stain, cherry, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, cranberry, and other juices as well as red wine stains.